Thursday, May 10, 2007

Marvelous Youtube Discovery #93: Mystery Man Plays Van Halen's "Eruption" on a Violin


Well done my fleet-fingered friend. I could feel your fingers burning, your brain totally on fire, thinking to yourself, "I'm playing 'Eruption' at ludicrous speed, suddenly remembering the movie Spaceballs because there's a Van Halen song used in the movie during the space diner scene where Mel Brooks spoofs the part in Alien when that monster thing blows out of that guys stomach and does a ragtime dance on the counter, except that was a Sammy Hagar song called 'Good Enough' and not a song sung by David Lee Roth, whom without a doubt is the best singer the group has ever had. Alright, about now I've got about one blistering minute left and so far I'm totally killin.' But coming up is that insane tapping part, which I've never tried to play before, so let's get ready and ...focus..focus..oops, slight slip there, hold on, that's it, I'm back on track. Got it together now. "Okay, big finish and boom--I stick the landing! Okay then, let's tie this puppy off with a couple of totally tasty licks from 'You Really Got Me' and baby I'm home!"

My inspiration? My buddy bet me a jazz cigarette I couldn't do it.

No comments: